lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to search a phrase using quotes in a query ???
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:37:36 GMT
We really need some more data. First, I *strongly* recommend you
get a copy of Luke and examine your index to see what is
*actually* there. Google "lucene luke". That often answers
many questions.

Second, query.toString is your friend. For instance, if the query
you provided below is all that you're submitting, it's going against
the default field you might have specified when you instantiated
your query parser.

Third, what analyzers are you using at index and query time?

Code snippets would also help.

Best
Erick