lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speed of fuzzy searches
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:24:42 GMT
This seems really odd, especially with an index that size. The
first question is usually "Do you open an IndexReader for
each query?" If you do, be aware that opening a reader/searcher
is expensive, and the first few queries through the system are
slow as the caches are built up.

The second question is, have you looked at:

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-1b15abeee21b0a72492b1b97a86e260e83c61387

the section "How can I speed up searching"

which also points you here:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed

Best
Erick