lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Getting search score in percentage
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:46:13 GMT
Hi Joseph,

On 4/29/2009 at 5:34 AM, joseph.christopher wrote:
> We are in a procees of changing our existing fuzzy search engine to
> lucene, but we are facing a roadblock here ie, in our existing system
> we are showing the search score in percenetage but lucene provides the
> search score in numbers which is derived from some internal logic. Can
> anybody give some tips for converting the lucene score to percentage or
> is there any way to retrive the score as percentage from lucene search.

You may be interested in the answer to the Lucene FAQ "Can I filter by score?":

<http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-912c1f237bb00259185353182948e5935f0c2f03>

Chris Hostetter's response to a similar question on this list from December 2004 (linked from
the above FAQ) looks right on point to me:

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.lucene.user/10810>

Steve