lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Need help : SpanNearQuery
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 19:27:41 GMT
On 4/17/2009 at 10:33 AM, Radhalakshmi Sreedharan wrote:
> > > I have a question related to SpanNearQuery.
> > >
> > > As of now, the  SpanNearQuery has the constraint that all the
> > > terms need to present in the document.
[...]
> > > But [...] I need a hit even if there are 2/3 terms found with
> > > the span being applied for those 2 terms.
[...]
> > > 1) For a list of terms (ab,bc,cd,ef), make a set like
> > >    (ab,bc), ( bc,cd) ( ab,cd) (bc,ef) ( ab,bc,cd)
> > >    ( ab,bc,cd,ef)..... and so on.
>
> [...] Will the Shingle Filter help me getting all possible
> combination of the input tokens?

The ShingleFilter is designed to generate tokens from token *sequences* in an input token
stream, but you want to match against cases where they are separated by other tokens, so even
if you generated shingles at index and query time, many of the documents you would want to
match would not match, since the intervening tokens would block a match.  (But maybe you were
thinking of some other scenario?)

Steve