lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From MakMak <pow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: readModifiedUTF8String stuck
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:25:24 GMT

Mike,

   Ran CheckIndex. This is what it prints out:

cantOpenSegments: false
numBadSegments: 0
numSegments: 14
segmentFormat: FORMAT_HAS_PROX [Lucene 2.4]
segmentsFileName: segments_2od
totLoseDocCount: 0
clean: true
toolOutOfDate: false

So I guess everything is fine ..!

Our application is a very resource intensive application. We have everything
in the RAM for best possible response time and granularity of our
authorization model. We give around 6GB of RAM for the application. During
stress tests the RAM consumption gets used up to "2% free". But this has
always been the case when we were on 2.3.2. With 2.4.1 is when we started
hitting upon these stuck threads.

There are other differences between the customer and our setup apart from
SAN like http/https, webservices enabled/disabled etc but these shouldnt
have anything to do with this problem.

Currently we are trying to bring the indexes  out of the SAN and into the
local filesystem to see if these issues remain. Will keep you posted.

Anymore hints?

-thanks a ton for all the help