lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From MakMak <pow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: readModifiedUTF8String stuck
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:05:38 GMT

I am not retrieving many docs, the problem is that the whole file is stored
in the doc. I need the file content for highlighter to work. But the files
are normal-sized text files which in any case should not exceed 10-15mb.
Retrieving 25 of them(page size), worst case scenario will take 250mb of
data transfer which should not take more than 600 secs.

This may not be easily reproduced, but is easy to describe, we bombard our
application with about 3-4 requests per second for 2 hours as a part of
stress tests. Previously when we were on 2.3.2, these used to run just fine.
We had to upgrade due to a memory leak issue for which CloseableThreadLocal
was implemented in 2.4.1.

The testing team did not reindex with the new lucene version, but they dont
have to, right? thats when they saw these stuck threads. The tests ran fine
for an hour when responses were being returned timely. But after an hour,
the threads just started to accumulate. I am not sure amount of RAM consumed
during searches, will find that out.

Hope I have been clear, do you smell something fishy in this?

-thanks