lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From rufus1 <aornst...@webmd.net>
Subject A Challenge!: Combining 2 searches into a single resultset?
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:10:51 GMT

hi!

I am trying to do something a little unique...

I have a 90k text documents that I am trying to search
Search A: indexes and searches the documents using regular relevancy search
Search B: indexes and searches the documents using a smaller subset of "key"
words that I have chosen

This gives me 2 seperate scores: Score A, and Score B...

I am trying to show the top 10 results of the scores combined so....

FinalScoretextDoc = (scoreA_of_td1 * 0.5) * (scoreB_of_td1 * 0.5)

While it seems straightforward, I do not want to calculate the scores of all
the documents outside of lucene.  How can I integrate this better into the
lucene search engine?  Is this possible to do by any simple means?

Thanks guys + gals!