lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marc Sturlese <marc.sturl...@gmail.com>
Subject boost and score doubt
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:01:32 GMT

Hey there,
Does de function doc.setBoost(x.y) accept negative values or values minor
than 1?? I mean... it compile and doesn't give errors but the behabiour is
not exactly what I was expecting.
In my use case I have the field title... I want to give very very low
relevance to the documents witch title has less that 40 characters. I have
tried setting boost to negatives values or to 0.1
Wich is the best way to do that?
Is there any range of values for setting boost?

And another thing that confuses me...  if I omit norms is the score
function... how does it affect to the boosting I am setting? does it loose
the effect?

Thanks in advance!