lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "patrick o'leary" <pj...@pjaol.com>
Subject Re: LocalLucene/Lucene Spatial
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 01:33:14 GMT
1) The only reason for ConstantScoreQuery is because it lets me convert the
LocalLucene filter to a query.

2) TierRangeQuery- not at the moment, we're not really doing a range search,
we're pulling predefined id's (e.g. a shape) from the index using the term
enumerator.

Average time take for a bounding box shape lookup is in the order of 3 to 4
ms, repeating that with a lat / long bounding box, and your looking at 100+
ms. Been there, done that.

As for bitsets, I'm looking at openbitset, but the getDocSetId is causing me
some problems with a QueryWrapperFilter, where I'm intersecting the text
search with the bounding shape
filter pre-distance filter..

The reality is the heaviest part is the DistanceFilter- not the bounding box
part.