lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Harini Raghavan <harini.ragha...@insideview.com>
Subject Share Index on NFS
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:01:53 GMT
Hi Everyone,

We are planning to distribute searches on the index and have a single indexing node. We want
to mount the index on NFS so that it can be shared by the indexer and searcher nodes. To optimize
several of our search workflows, we are caching the IndexSearcher and refreshing it every
hour. Also to improve the performance of some complex workflows, we are caching the Lucene
document ids. We are trying to set the deletion policy to ExpirationTimeDeletionPolicy to
make use of the Lucene's NFS support. But since our IndexSearcher and doc id cache are refreshed
only every 60 mins, we set the expiration time to 80 mins. But this resulted in too many files
being created in the index directory. We got more than 1000 files in the index in less than
10 mins.

This makes me wonder if the expiration time deletion policy fix will work in our scenario.
Should we be going fo some other solution to use NFS store?

Thanks,
Harini