lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From adasal <adam.salt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: crawler questions..
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:07:23 GMT
That's interesting.
I've been working in python recently, not crawling though.
But, as ever, the more you get into it the more curious you get.
Did you come up with a solution to a node error?
Are you really talking about a broken link, or are you just saying the
bottom of the tree has been reached?
Presumably the last one would be when every link on every page has been
followed, which means you have to track what pages have been crawled and
find a way of uniquely and correctly identifying them internally? I think
the problem is that while a URL might be unique, there can be more than one
URL pointing to the same content - for instance in struts where action a and
action b are appended to a URL but produce the same result. I believe I am
right about this.
In the site that I am working on google have told us they are unable to
crawl the whole site because some URLs result in a loop - another problem.
It would be cool if you have solved these sorts of problems, or rather can
identify where they are on a site in a quick and easy way.

Best,
Adam