lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vasudevan Comandur <vcoman...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on Proximity Search in Lucene Query
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 18:07:26 GMT
Hi All,

   I had posted the below mentioned query a week back and I have not
received any response from the group so far.
  I was wondering if this is a trivial question to the group or it has been
answered previously.

  I appreciate your answers or any pointers to the answers are also welcome.

Regards
 Vasu

Hi,

   I have a question on the proximity query usage in Lucene Query Syntax.

  The documentation says "W1 W2"~5 means W1 and W2 can occur within 5 words.
Here W1 & W2 represents Words.

  What happens when I give "W1 W2 W3 W4"~25 as proximity query?

   Does it treat each word pairs (W1, W2) , (W1, W3) , (W1, W4) , (W2, W3) ,
(W2, W4) , (W3, W4) can occur within 25 words?

   Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
 Vasu