lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: which lucene
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:17:54 GMT
Hallo Timon,

Lucene 1.4.3 is now many years old and you should really use the new
version. The German analyzers and stemmers and so on are in a contrib
package (see below contrib subdirectory of the binary download), choose the
correct JAR files and add them to your classpath. It is also recommended to
read the javadocs.

Be aware, that code compiled against 1.4.3 is no longer working with Lucene
> 2.0 (API change). You should fix this in your code. This is another case,
why you should use newer versions, because you will not get any updates
anymore for 1.4.3.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler