lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Research Question
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:25:07 GMT
What you are trying to do is called record linkage.   There is a fair
amount of info in the Lucene archives on this, see http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/?q=record+linkage

As Erick says, you will need more info than just the name to do
this.   I doubt you will be able to get completely automated, but you
should be able to obtain good results such that the outliers are easy
for a human to handle.

-Grant