lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re: MergePolicy public but SegmentInfos package protected?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:48:21 GMT
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Marvin Humphrey <> wrote:

> I think the difference here is that Lucene gets to use multiple threads within
> one process, while Lucy has to at least be capable of using a multiple-process
> concurrency model in order to support real-time search for non-threaded hosts.

OK that was my confusion.  I had forgotten that if the updater process
goes off and does some merging, that means it's blocked on
adding/deleting docs.  In Lucene these are separate threads.

I think we hashed this out already and I just forgot!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message