lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: How to know the matched field?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:35:13 GMT
Thanks Erick,

I browsed but no full answer yet.

The closest seems to be the explain method with which I could find the
exact term-query or prefix-query that matched it, so I would be able
to find the name of the field. I am still left with iterating through
the (stored) fields and try to find the individual fields that matched.

I could also make a token-stream with all fields' contents and find
the field (the fragment) which gets the best score with
QueryScorer(query)?
(provided query is "rewritten" so that no prefixquery appears anymore,
right?)

Sounds doable but please confirm this is a correct usage of
QueryScorer, I am feeling a bit unsafe here.

paul