lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene index architecture question
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:37:47 GMT
My vote would be for 2 indexes, one on each server.  We do this by
having a master update-only index which happens to be on one of the
search servers, but could be anywhere, and that is copied to read only
versions on the 2 search servers, via rsync.  When changes have been
installed the search daemons are told to reopen their local copy of
the index.

I don't think there are any classes to update multiple indexes and
lucene does locking to prevent multiple processes updating the same
index at the same time.

And as Danil says, you might want to take a look at solr which I think
takes care of all this for you.

--
Ian.