lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Wang <john.w...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:41:42 GMT
Hi guys:
    IndexWriter.deleteDocuments(Query query) api is not really making sense
to me. Wouldn't IndexWriter.deleteDocuments(DocIdSet set) be better? Since
we don't really care about scoring for this call.

Also, can we expose  IndexWriter.deleteDocuments(int[] docids)? Using the
current api is very cumbersome if the docids to be deleted is already known.
I would have to use the above API and create a Query instance.

Thanks

-John