lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene for user query parsing
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 06:50:36 GMT
Hi Srinivas,

Perhaps what you need here is a query formation logic which assigns the
right keywords to the right fields. Let me know in case I got it wrong. One
way to do that could be by using index time boost for fields and then
running a query (so that a particular field is preferred over the other).
As per my knowledge lucene should be a better solution that anything else
that 'I know of' for such a thing, but there'd be a few things that you
would have to build yourself as well.

--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!