lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amin Mohammed-Coleman <ami...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to index keyword and value
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 13:38:07 GMT
When you create a query to the searcher you can specify which field to
search on for example:

Query query = queryParser.parse(searchTerm);

QueryParser is constructed like this:

QueryParser queryParser = new
AnalyzingQueryParser<http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/analyzing/AnalyzingQueryParser.html#AnalyzingQueryParser(java.lang.String,%20org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer)>("name",new
StandardAnalyzer());

Pass the query to the IndexSearcher and you get hits.  From the hits you can
get the documents and from each matching doucment you can get the phone
number field (if you store the number in the index).

HTH