lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restricting the result set with hierarchical ACL
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 19:08:30 GMT
There are two ways to handle this:
1) During indexing time, expand the group tree and store them to the
documents, like "groups:1 2 3"
2) When indexing, storing only the exact group the document belongs to. Then
during search time, expand group tree to search all the groups the user
belongs to, including the sub groups.

Approach 2 should be more flexible. I don't think a user will have that many
groups exceeding the default 1024.

--
Chris Lu