lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah <Allahbaksh_Asadul...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Creating lucene index from databases
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:10:40 GMT
Hi,
You can use LuSQl it is very handy if you already have data in the Database.
http://lab.cisti-icist.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cistilabswiki/index.php/LuSql
Regards,
Allahbaksh

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com
Starting a startup is hard, but having a 9 to 5 job is hard too, and in some ways a worse
kind of hard.

-----Original Message-----
From: kranthi reddy [mailto:kranthili2020@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 4:34 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Creating lucene index from databases

Hi all,

 I am new to lucene. I want to build a search engine. The entire content on
which I want to search is stored in Mysql database.

Is it possible to use the content in sql database  to build an index using
lucene? If it is possible, please give a few tips on how it can be done.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
kranthi

Infosys e-mail system.