lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah <Allahbaksh_Asadul...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Lucene 2.9
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:09:43 GMT

Hi,
I was not aware of TrieRangeQuery but whether syntax for numberical query will change. For
example I want to search
amount >= 15 rather than doing it amount:[ 15] or something?

Is there any open source queryparser which converts something like amount >=15 into lucene
number format query.

Regards,
Allahbaksh

-----Original Message-----
From: Uwe Schindler [mailto:uwe@thetaphi.de]
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 4:26 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Lucene 2.9

> > Is there any plans to have simpler queries for Numbers and Data?
>
> With the recent addition of TrieRangeQuery (in 2.9), I think Lucene's
> range querying is actually very strong, though you'd have to subclass
> QueryParser and override getRangeQuery to have it create TrieRangeQuery.

The additions for QueryParser to support this are done in Solr (because in
contrast to Lucene alone, Solr knows the datatype and encoding) of each
field: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-940

You can do it in the same way. Maybe we should supply some "plugin" for the
QueryParser in TrieRange contrib?

Infosys e-mail system.