lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah <Allahbaksh_Asadul...@infosys.com>
Subject Lucene 2.9
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:41:48 GMT
Hi,
When is Lucene 2.9 due? I am eagerly waiting for the new lucene to come.

As I compared Lucene with Minion I think Minion offers very rich capabilities like easier
range query etc.

Is there any plans to have simpler queries for Numbers and Data?

No doubt lucene is the best Open Source Search library but I think Minion will catch up unless
and until we make Lucene powerful to have pluggable query engine etc.

Lucene has strong user groups and also great tutorial. And best part is it is released in
ASL.

Regards,
Allahbaksh

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
Software Engineering & Technology Labs,
Infosys Technolgies Limited, Electronics City,
Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100, India.
*Board: +91-80-28520261 | Extn: 53915 | Direct: 41173915.
Fax: +91-80-28520362 | Mobile: +91-9845505322.
http://setlabs/slim/
http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com
Starting a startup is hard, but having a 9 to 5 job is hard too, and in some ways a worse
kind of hard.

Infosys e-mail system.