lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question about grouping text
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:18:35 GMT
Hi MFM,

This comes down to a preprocessing step that you would have to do
before putting into Lucene, although I suppose you might be able to
identify it during analysis and use the TeeTokenFilter and the
SinkTokenizer.  Once you do this, then you can add them as fields on a
Document.  I know that's not a great help, but not much Lucene can do
b/c it is application specific.

Document/field wise, I would probably have:
Document
    question
    answer

Then, when you search in the question field, you can also retrieve the
answer.

-Grant