lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: index large size file
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:36:50 GMT
Amy Zhou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a couple of questions about indexing large size file. As my understanding,
the default MaxFieldLength 100,000. In Lucene 2.4, we can set the MaxFieldLength during constructor.
My questions are:

The default is 10,000.
> 1) How's the performance if MaxFieldLength is set to UNLIMITED?

It depends on how long your documents are. Its simply a cutoff -
documents longer than n (10,000 by default) terms will be truncated.
> 2) Any other options for indexing large size file?

What is the problem you are trying to address? Are you having trouble
indexing a very large file? Can you share more details?

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com