lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: deletion of index-files fails
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 09:23:17 GMT

If truly the IndexWriter & all IndexReaders are closed, then they
should no longer be holding open files.  Maybe triple check that
you've indeed closed everything.

It's remotely possible that some other process (virus checker, source
control clients, etc) has the file open.

You could try Microsoft's (formerly sysinternals) "Process Monitor" to
see which processes have the files open.

Mike