lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jay Joel Malaluan <exst_jmalal...@yahoo.com>
Subject BooleanQuery inquiry
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 02:05:27 GMT
Hi,

Need some expert opinion on the following.

Lucene 2.3.2
Scenario on searching:
3 Fields - EXACT, KEYWORD, STEM_KEYWORD
EXACT,KEYWORD - uses KeywordAnalyzer
STEM_KEYWORD - uses SnowballAnalyzer(English)
Searching for each field has it's own queries.

I'm using a BooleanQuery to merge the 3 queries. I'm using a default sort parameter for searching.

Ex.
Sort sort = new Sort(new SortField[] {
            new SortField(unique field, true),
            SortField.FIELD_DOC });
hits = searcher.search(mergedBooleanQuery, sort);

Is this possible? And how do I do this?
Use this sort parameter for the first query (on the EXACT field),
Sort sort = new Sort(new SortField[] { SortField.FIELD_SCORE, new SortField(FieldConstants.ALBUM_PRIORITY,
true) });
Add the first query on the BooleanQuery.
While the other two succeeding queries will use the default sort parameter.

Regards,
Jay Joel Malaluan