lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: i18n numbers
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:55:18 GMT
What does the front end look like? Is it a web page or a custom app? And
do you expect your users to actually enter the field name? I'd be reluctant
to allow any but the geekiest of users to enter the Lucene syntax (i.e. the
field
names). Users shouldn't know anything about the underlying structure. Not
to mention the headaches if you ever want to change it.

So, let's assume an HTML page. *You* know what the underlying field
is no matter what the label on the entry field, so you should be able
to construct the query with the proper field names.

Or I don't understand your problem at all, which is not unusual <G>..

Best
Erick