lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Why do range queries work on fields only ?
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:10:39 GMT
Hi Raymond,

On 3/3/2009 at 1:19 PM, Raymond Balmès wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Raymond Balmès
> <raymond.balmes@gmail.com>wrote:
> > Just a simplified view of my problem :
> >
> > A document contains the terms "index01 blabla index02 xxx yyy index03
> > ... index10".  I have the terms indexed in the collection.
> > I now want to look for documents which contains [page04 TO page08]...
> > looks like I can't do it
>
> sorry [index04 TO index 08]

It's still not clear to me what you want, since as far as I can tell you should be able to
look for documents using a range query like [index04 TO index08].  Why do you think you can't?
 That is, what happens when you try?  What exactly are you doing?  (Code might help.)

Are you sure that the "index<d><d>" terms are in the index in the form you expect?
 Have you used Luke <http://getopt.org/luke> to look at your index yet?

What analyzer are you using at index time?

What analyzer are you using at query time?

Steve