lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Overdijk <marceloverd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: i18n numbers
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:03:25 GMT

Thanks for your reply.

It's indeed a webapp with a html front-end.
I agree letting end-user enter a Lucene query might not what you want.

Probably I will be using an "all" index which indexes all fields of my
entity. So in the book example including book title, isbn, price,
author.firstname, author.lastname.

The end-user will have an Quick Search option in which he/she can enter a
query string.
E.g. "Potter" when searching for Harry Potter books or "19,99" / "19.99" for
books with a price of 19.99.
So I actually don't know for what field the user is searching.

This is also my use case to introduce Lucene/Hibernate Search.
I don't want multiple like's in a SQL query.

Cheers,
Marcel