lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Overdijk <marceloverd...@gmail.com>
Subject i18n numbers
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:32:15 GMT

First of all I'm new into Lucene. I'm experimenting right now with it in
combination with Hibernate Search.

What I'm wondering is of I can index numbers related to i18n.

E.g. I have a Book entity with a price attribute.
A book with a price of 19.99 can be found while searching for price:19.99.

The thing is Dutch users will search for 19,99 (different decimal symbol).
How can this be handled.

Furthermore, Dutch users will search for something like prijs:19,99.
Can this be done with aliases or something. The problem is maybe one day I
want to support German language as well.
The front-end app can be translated by simply adding i18n resource bundles.
Is something like this also possible for searching within Lucene?

Cheers,
Marcel