lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From kgeeva <kgeevargh...@hoovers.com>
Subject Re: Lucene index architecture question
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:55:58 GMT

Thank you guys for the reply. Solr seems to be a good solution for
distributed indexes but the app is already written with a Lucene index.

So I had a question on Ian's answer as to going for 2 indexes.
My app is on a weblogic cluster with two servers. The app is installed on
both the servers.
What are the issues I would have to deal with if I had only one index
(located on one of the servers) and the second server would have a shared
mapping to this index thus both servers are updating as well as searching
from the same index. In this case I would have only one index to maintain.

Are there any drawbacks to this architecture compared to the two index
architecture?
--
Koshy