lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From MFM <mf...@live.com>
Subject question about grouping text
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:04:59 GMT

I have been able to successfully index and search text from structured
documents like PDF and MS Word. I am having a real hard time trying to
figure out how to group the index strings together e.g. if my document had a
question and answer in a table, the search will produce the text with the
question based on the keyword. How would I group or associate the question
and answer as part of the indexing ? I have tried using POI to read thru the
MS Word file and try and group them, but then it gets really intense into
pattern matching.

Thanks
MFM