lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "René Zöpnek" <Zoe...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Corrupt index (IndexOutOfBoundsException)
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:00:20 GMT
Thank you for your help Michael. I've solved the problem by new creation of the index.
The OutOfErrorException killed the thread, which was responsible for index maintenance.
So the index recreation failed without an error message. So after recreating the index,
the problem is solved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetz
René

Michael McCandless schrieb:
> When I run checkIndex on your index, I see a new exception:
>
> org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: Incompatible format
> version: 119865344 expected 1 or lower
>     at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.<init>(FieldsReader.java:116)
>     at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.initialize(SegmentReader.java:519)
>     at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:468)
>     at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:382)
>     at org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex.checkIndex(CheckIndex.java:395)
>     at org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex.main(CheckIndex.java:689)
>
> Is this what you see?
>
> Mike
>
> "René Zöpnek" <Zoeppi@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your answer, Mike.
>>
>> Unfortunately I have no direct access to the server with the corrupt index. So changing
the creation process of the index is not possible.

>> I've uploaded the index to http://drop.io/hlu53sl (9 MB).
>>

>> Here is the code for creating the index:
>>
>> public static void createIndex()
>> {
>>  log.info("create index");
>>  long start = System.currentTimeMillis();
>>  IndexWriter index = null;
>>  InitialContext ic = null;
>>  Connection connect = null;
>>  PreparedStatement query = null;
>>  ResultSet result = null;
>>  try{
>>          //create index
>>          index = new IndexWriter("/var/content/index", getAnalyzer(), true);
>>
>>          //get content data
>>          ic = new InitialContext();
>>          javax.sql.DataSource source = (javax.sql.DataSource) ic.lookup("java:/ContentDS");
>>          connect = source.getConnection();
>>          query = connect.prepareStatement("SELECT DISTINCT C.* FROM TAB_CONTENT C,TAB_PROJCONTENT
PC WHERE C.CONTENT_ID = PC.CONTENT_ID AND NOT C.STORAGE = 'CONTAINER'");
>>          result = query.executeQuery();
>>
>>          while(result.next())
>>          {
>>                  // map file info
>>                  TabContentData data = TabContentMapper.getMapped(result);
>>                  // index metadata
>>                  try{
>>                          indexMetadata(data, index);
>>                  }catch(Exception e)
>>                  {
>>                          log.error("Failed to index "+data.getFileId()+" with id
"+data.getContentId(),e);
>>                  }
>>          }
>>          log.info("indexing done");
>>  }catch(Exception e)
>>  {
>>         log.error("create index failed",e);
>>  }
>>  finally
>>  {
>>         //clean up
>>         try{ result.close(); }catch(Exception e){};
>>         try{ query.close(); }catch(Exception e){};
>>         try{ connect.close(); }catch(Exception e){};
>>         try{ ic.close(); }catch(Exception e){};
>>         try{ index.optimize(); }catch(Exception e){};
>>         try{ index.close(); }catch(Exception e){};
>>  }
>> }
>>
>> The indexMetadata(data, index); method just maps the column names and the column
contents of one content into a lucene document which is then added to the index.

>> If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask and thank you for your help.
>>
>> Greetz!
>> René
>>

>> Michael McCandless schrieb:
>>
>>> Something appears to be wrong with your _X.tii file (inside the compound file).
>>>
>>> Can you post the code that recreates this broken index?
>>>
>>> Since it appears to be repeatable, could you regenerate your index with compound
file off, confirm the problem still happens, and then post the _X.tii file?  I can try to
look at it.

is thrown. I've wrote the following test program:

> [...]
IOException, ParseException

So with reader.setTermInfosIndexDivisor() set to 10, the stacktrace looks like:

it, so every help is greatly appreciated.