lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mar...@malkusch.de
Subject Restricting the result set with hierarchical ACL
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:58:17 GMT
Dear list

I need to restrict the resultlist to the appropriate rights of the user
who is searching the index.

A document may belong to several groups.

A user must belong to all groups of the document to find it. There's one
additional problem: The groups are a tree. A user is automaticaly
in every parent group of his groups. For example A is a child of B, so a
user in group A would also be allowed to see documents of group B.

And now I have no Idea how to get a restricted search result from
lucene. There are about 10000 documents, so I'm not very happy to filter
them after the index was searched.

I tried to get all allowed document ids (there's a field for the id) and
put them into a BooleanQuery (id1 or id2, ...), but then I get a
BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses: maxClauseCount is set to 1024

So how can I restrict my search results with lucene?

Markus Malkusch