lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Creation of index for the first time
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:23:09 GMT

Akshay wrote:

> The use case is in context of replication. The master has a newly
> created
> empty index. When slave requests for data, don't do anything if its
> a newly
> created index.

OK.

Hmm, but would master need to tell slave "I created a new index", even
if
new index happen to be created in a location that previously held an
(Note: I know very little about replication, so maybe this could
easily be out
of bounds).

>> What exactly do you mean by "fresh index created for the first time"?
>>
>> Ie, does opening an IndexWriter with create=true over a Directory
>> that
>> previously had a Lucene index not count as "fresh" for some reason?
>

> Yes this didn't count as fresh for my question, sorry for not being
> clear.
> Thanks.

OK then it sounds like generation==1 is the test you want.

Mike