lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TopDocCollector vs Hits: TopDocCollector slowing....
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 12:16:10 GMT
I presume they are both now slower, right?  Otherwise you wouldn't
mind the speedup on the bigger one.  Hits did caching and prefetched
things, which has it's tradeoffs.  Can you describe how you were
measuring the queries?  How many results were you getting?

-Grant

On Feb 3, 2009, at 8:37 PM, AlexElba wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was using lucene 2.3.2 with hits and switch to lucene 2.4.0 and
> now I am
> using TopDocCollector.
>
> I have two queries which are running against the same index.
> One query is returning 80bytes information other one is returning
> 2000bytes
>
> With old Hits the query which was returning smaller data was faster
> which
> has bigger data was slower.
> After I change to TopDocCollector both big and small once returning
> same
> time.
>
> Searcher is exactly the same and queries are the same only
> difference is in
> one place I was using Hits in other TopDocCollector
>
> Who has any idea why, and how can I fix this?
> --

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Lucene Helpful Hints: