lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ambati, Ravi BGI SF" <Ravi.Amb...@barclaysglobal.com>
Subject RE: Simple Java Object Search
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:15:54 GMT

Hi,

Getting started shows how to index files. It does not have an example of
how to index how to index a list of objects. I was able to create an
index for the list of objects.

How do I retrieve a list of objects that match the query ?

		// Create Index
            Directory directory = new RAMDirectory();
            IndexWriter iwriter = null;
            try {
                iwriter = new IndexWriter(directory, analyzer, true);

                iwriter.setMaxFieldLength(250000);

                EventList<TestObject> list = getAllBaskets(basketCache);
                for (TestObject obj : list) {
                    Document document = new Document();
                    document.add(new Field("basketName",
basket.getName(), Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
                    document
                            .add(new Field("borrower",
basket.getBorrowerCode(), Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
                    document.add(new Field("description",
basket.getDescription(), Field.Store.YES,
                            Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
                    document.add(new Field("id", new
Long(basket.getId()).toString(), Field.Store.YES,
                            Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
                    iwriter.addDocument(document);
                }
                iwriter.optimize();
                iwriter.close();

                // Now search the index:
                IndexSearcher isearcher = new IndexSearcher(directory);
                // Parse a simple query that searches for "text":
                QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("basketName",
analyzer);
                Query query = parser.parse(searchBox.getText());
                Hits hits = isearcher.search(query);
                // Iterate through the results:
                List<Long> basketIds = new ArrayList<Long>();
                for (int i = 0; i < hits.length(); i++) {
                    Document hitDoc = hits.doc(i);
                }

                isearcher.close();
                directory.close();