lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FieldSelector
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:21:38 GMT

On Feb 16, 2009, at 7:00 AM, <spring@gmx.eu> <spring@gmx.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what kind of fields loads IndexSearcher.Document doc(int i)? Only
> those with
> Field.Store.YES?

Yes, Lucene can only load those fields that are stored.

> I'm asking because I do not need to load the tokens - should I use a
> FieldSelector or are these fields not loaded?

FieldSelector is used to selectively load fields that you want
returned with the document.   The tokens produced by analysis are
stored in other places and will not be returned by the document()
method.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene: