lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mittal, Sourabh \(IDEAS\)" <Sourabh-931.Mit...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Performance issue
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 07:58:11 GMT
Hi All,

We face serious performance issues when users do 2 letter search e.g ho,
jo, pa ma, um ar, ma fi etc. time taken between 10 - 15 secs.
Below is our implementation details:

1. Search performs on 7 fields.
2. PrefixQuery implementation on all fields
3. AND search.
4. Our indexer size is 300 MB.
5. We show only 100 top documents only on the basis of score.
6. We user StandardAnalyzer & StandardTokenizer for indexing &
searching.
7. Lucene 2.4
8. JDK1 .6

Please suggest me how can we improve the performance.

Regards,
Sourabh Mittal
Morgan Stanley | IDEAS Practice Areas
Manikchand Ikon | South Wing 18 | Dhole Patil Road
Pune, 411001
Phone: +91 20 2620-7053
Sourabh-931.Mittal@morganstanley.com