lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Haroldo Nascimento <haroldo_luc...@hotmail.com>
Subject Change the boosting in search-time
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:31:25 GMT

Hi

   I have I request in my search projetct that I do not know if it is possible to do easily:

   If occur matching exact using PharseQuery for example I must add for this boosting of this
field a value of the other field of the document (example price), but if occur matching partial
I must add to one weight dafault (1 for example).

  I thought about duplicating all the searchalble fields in my index (indexing-time) and I
add to the value price in boosting of first field and in second I add to the value default
(1). I create the queries PhaseQuery for any fields (boosting=price) e create query (TermQuery
for exemplo) for other fileds (boosting = 1). Example:

  Document 1:

   fieldName1=Michael Jordan (boosting = 1 = fieldboosting1)

   fieldName2=Michael Jordan (boosting = 5 = fieldboosting2)

   fieldSports1=Ball Baseball (boosting = 1 = fieldboosting1)

   fieldSports2=Ball Baseball(boosting = 5 = fieldboosting2)

   fieldCountry1=EUA (boosting = 1 = fieldboosting1)

   fieldCountry2=EUA (boosting = 5 = fieldboosting2)

   fieldboosting1=1

   fieldboosting2=5

  Document 2:

   fieldName1=Pele (boosting = 1 = fieldboosting1)

   fieldName2=Pele (boosting = 5 =fieldboosting2)

   fieldSports1=Ball Football (boosting = 1 = fieldboosting1)

   fieldSports2=Ball Football(boosting = 5 = fieldboosting2)

   fieldCountry1=BRA (boosting = 1 = fieldboosting1)

   fieldCountry2=BRA (boosting = 5 = fieldboosting2)

   fieldboosting1=1

   fieldboosting2=5

  My query:

   exact search: PharseQuery: fieldName2 OR fieldSports2 OR fieldCountry2

    OR

   partial search: TermQuery: fieldName1 OR fieldSports1 OR fieldCountry1

  Is possible do it without duplicated the field. The big solution is set the boosting in
search-time with the value other field. Es possible do it ?

  Thanks

  Haroldo

Instale a Barra de Ferramentas com Desktop Search e ganhe EMOTICONS para o Messenger! É GRÁTIS!
http://www.msn.com.br/emoticonpack