lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Creation of index for the first time
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:47:01 GMT

What exactly do you mean by "fresh index created for the first time"?

Ie, does opening an IndexWriter with create=true over a Directory that
previously had a Lucene index not count as "fresh" for some reason?
(If so, then it sounds like generation==1 is the test you want).

What's the use case behind this?

Mike