lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <>
Subject Re: Range search in dependent collections
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:14:37 GMT

The simplest way is to flatten your data into lucene documents that
hold all relevant info for user/job combinations.  That will let you
search easily across whichever fields you want.

Your documents could look like this:

firstname: whatever
lastname: whatever
jobtitle: somejob
startdate: whenever
enddate: whenever

and searches could be something like lastname:whatever jobtitle:somejob.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Mykola Peleshchyshyn
<> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new to Lucene and I have the following problem:
> I have a Users with first name, last name etc. and User Jobs (collection) with job title,
start date, end date.
> I need to perform search on all user fields (fist name, last name etc) and job fields
(job title and optionally start date and end date).
> What would be the best way to index and search this data?
> Thank you,
> Mykola Peleshchyshyn

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: