lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lebiram <lebi...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: TermQuery search returns the same Document several times
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 13:44:35 GMT

Sorry, I might have misunderstood what my coworker told me.

If HitCollector only returns a document once then he might be referring to an application
ID that is assigned to a field that has been indexed twice or more with different document
IDs.

I'll clarify this with him.

However is there a way to somehow do a group by field on the results? That field being the
application ID?

Thanks.

________________________________
From: Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2009 1:16:12 PM
Subject: Re: TermQuery search returns the same Document several times

I don't understand your question. From the API docs for
HitCollector.collect:

<<<Called once for every non-zero scoring document, with
the document number and its score.>>>

Can you ask your question another way? Because the
only answer I can come up with is
"HitCollector.collect only sees each document once by definition".

Best
Erick