lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Raffaella Ventaglio <r.ventag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Faceted search with OpenBitSet/SortedVIntList
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 08:47:24 GMT
Hi Paul,

One way to implement that would be to use one of the boolean combination
> filters in contrib, BooleanFilter or ChainedFilter,  and simply count the
> the number of times next() returns true on the result.

I am sorry, but I cannot understand: how can I create a BooleanFilter or a
ChainedFilter starting from two SortedVIntList objects?
I have not found any filter that takes an existing "DocIdSet" in its
constructor...

However I have seen that Filter interface is very easy to implement.
Should I create a custom Filter that wraps my SortedVIntList and than use
these filters to create a BooleanFilter?

Thanks,
Raf