lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mykola Peleshchyshyn <mpeleschys...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Range search in dependent collections
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:49:32 GMT
What about the case with several jobs? I.e.:

firstname: whatever
lastname: whatever

jobtitle1: somejob
startdate1: whenever
enddate1: whenever
jobtitleN: somejob
startdateN: whenever
enddateN: whenever

----- Original Message ----
From: Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 4:14:37 PM
Subject: Re: Range search in dependent collections

Hi

The simplest way is to flatten your data into lucene documents that
hold all relevant info for user/job combinations.  That will let you
search easily across whichever fields you want.

Your documents could look like this:

firstname: whatever
lastname: whatever
jobtitle: somejob
startdate: whenever
enddate: whenever

and searches could be something like lastname:whatever jobtitle:somejob.

--
Ian.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Mykola Peleshchyshyn
<mpeleschyshyn@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new to Lucene and I have the following problem:
>
> I have a Users with first name, last name etc. and User Jobs (collection) with job title,
start date, end date.

> I need to perform search on all user fields (fist name, last name etc) and job fields
(job title and optionally start date and end date).