lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Akshay <akshay.u...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creation of index for the first time
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:11:57 GMT
The use case is in context of replication. The master has a newly created
empty index. When slave requests for data, don't do anything if its a newly
created index.
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Michael McCandless <
lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> What exactly do you mean by "fresh index created for the first time"?
>
> Ie, does opening an IndexWriter with create=true over a Directory that
> previously had a Lucene index not count as "fresh" for some reason?

Yes this didn't count as fresh for my question, sorry for not being clear.
Thanks.