lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene indexes
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:13:23 GMT
I have to ask why do you care? Which is another way of asking
what problem you're trying to solve that you think this information
would help with. As far as I know Lucene is an inverted index,
period. You use IndexWriter to create it.

Really the best way to get a sense for which classes to use is to work
through some of the examples in Lucene In Action or on the website.

This may help as far as the structure of the index is concerned:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/fileformats.html

Best
Erick