lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException in FieldDocSortedHitQueue.lessThan with custom SortComparator
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 13:18:17 GMT
Ah, I see. The indention and lack of braces fooled me.
You might consider making things as easy as possible when
asking people to volunteer their time trying to help you.

Then I'm unsure what's the problem, you could try showing
us the entire stack trace. Have you defined your own compare
function? If so, do you test in that function to see whether the
values you're comparing are actually set in your objects? The
fragment you've posted doesn't really give us enough to help
very much.

Best
Erick